Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Friday, June 30, 2006

JUBILEE CHRISTIAN CENTRE NEWS
Three important events coming up: July 14, 15, 16 our friends from Nicaragua, the Quinto family will be in Elgin. We'll have evening services in Spanish those days involving friends from several Hispanic churches in the Elgin area. Pastor Quinto will be preaching, his sons will be helping with music for those services. It will be a great time!!

Also, July 15 we're having a one-day Kids Bible Club (an abbreviated Vacation Bible School) beginning at 9 a.m. Certification of completion will be awarded on Sunday morning when the children's choir from the Bible Club will be singing. Classes for children from 3 to 13.

Then. . . August 11, 12, 13 we'll be having a Heritage weekend...a celebration of 25 years with the church in Elgin. If you, or anyone you know is a former member of the church here, please email me with your current address and/or email address. We'll be sending out information as soon as I get back to Elgin. We're looking forward to a great reunion weekend.

PHYLIS

Right now, I'm at my sister's in St. Louis, visiting family. We went south to see my Dad today. Interesting how that works. Being in places where one used to live brings up long forgotten (or supressed) emotions and memories. Isn't it great that God is not limited by time? He can reach down and heal old wounds as easily as he can new ones.

Thankfully, I'm reminded once again that God has brought me from a very long way. I'm grateful for his Love and care. When I get back home I may write more about returning to old paths with new vision.

For now, my sister and I are celebrating her birthday, renewing ties with relatives and building memories with her girls and grandsons. Since she's a Cardinals fan, we bought her tickets to the game tomorrow...look for us on the third base line! (I have no clue who's who or what's what. I do know the rules of the game...just not the players!!) So I shall enjoy the sun, laugh at the antics of my greatnephews, eat a hotdog or two and thank God for family and hope I don't get hit in the head with a baseball!!
PJDH

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!