Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Saturday, July 29, 2006




E
ntropy.

I like this word. What do you know that is entropic? Numerous things occur to me.

A trend to disorder
? The school system. The mind of a 13-year old. My mind for that matter. My office.


The degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system.
Government, any government, you name it. Churches too.

Available energy, not being used. A measure of disorder. How about your walk with God? How much entropy is there? I must take a self-examination on that one. I know God's energy and power is boundless. Mine is definitely finite and limited. His power is there for me to access. How much I do not use is a measure of my spiritual disorder.


Now that puts another slant on things, doesn't it? How much entropy is there in my relationship with God? I've been reading Max Lucado's Cure for the Common Life: Living in your Sweet Spot. I definitely need to finish that book...today.

Available energy, not being used. On this hot, sticky day in the midwest I'm on my way to investigate. Just how much unused energy is available to me?

Yes, I like that word
: ENTROPY


en·tro·py

Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -pies


1 : a measure of the unavailable energy in a closed thermodynamic system that is also usually considered to be a measure of the system's disorder, that is a property of the system's state, and that varies directly with any reversible change in heat in the system and inversely with the temperature of the system; broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system

2 a
: the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder

- en·tro·pic /en-'trO-pik, -'trä-pik/ adjective
- en·tro·pi·cal·ly /-pi-k(&-)lE/ adverb




No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!