Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Friday, August 04, 2006


THE DOLDRUMS

If Entropy = available energy not being used, my computer has a severe case. I'm ready to scream. (Hmmm. Would that be energy being used -- or is energy used for useless activity also entropic?) And...I have a severe case of the doldrums!

dol·drums (dldrmz, dôl-, dl-)
pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
    1. A period of stagnation or slump.
    2. A period of depression or unhappy listlessness.
    1. A region of the ocean near the equator, characterized by calms, light winds, or squalls.
    2. The weather conditions characteristic of these regions of the ocean.

        1. -Roget's online thesaurus (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=doldrums)

But my mother always taught me that nothing beats just doing what needs to be done...simply do the next thing. So here I go...off to scan old pictures and finish the media presentation for next weekend.

Hope to see you next weekend. August 11, 12, 13 - Heritage weekend.

(for more info go to www.jccelgin.org)

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!