Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Fried Spaghetti

1 lb spaghetti
3 eggs
1/2 cup parmesan or romano cheese, grated
1 tablespoon basil
Olive Oil
Your favorite spaghetti sauce

fresh vegetables, (your choice) my favorite: Green pepper, onion, carrots, mushrooms

Put the spaghetti on to boil. Cook al dente. Do not overcook. Drain and rinse with COLD water. (Needs to cool off so as not to cook the eggs when you mix them in.)

While spaghetti is cooking, saute vegetables in 12-inch iron skillet (or any other skillet you like to use) in olive oil.

In very large bowl place eggs, cheese and veggies. Mix together, then add cooled spaghetti. Toss together.

In the skillet add 1 more tablespoon of oil, heat to smoking and add spaghetti, egg, cheese, veggie mixture.

Keep heat on medium and cook 15-30 minutes until bottom is nicely brown and egg is set.

Turn out onto plate -- brown side up -- cut into pie-shaped pieces and serve. (Serves 6)

I like the fried spaghetti without sauce at all, but I always serve warm spaghetti sauce for diners to add. Sometimes if I have guests or lots of hungry men-people, I'll add meat to the spaghetti sauce.




P.S. I made it tonight served with toasted French bread with a fresh mozzarella, olive and tomato salad and added Lidna's Apple Crisp for dessert. Yummy!

Today's Thankfulness: I'm thankful for a loving, caring church family. Love Y'all!

4 comments:

Jenster said...

YUMMY!! I'm definitely making this over the weekend!! Thanks!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

PJ, I'm definitely going to try this. It's rare that I ever see a new take on spaghetti. THANK YOU, Ma'am!

His Girl said...

wow. looks fab! mmmmm.

Truth said...

O YUM! Sounds delicious.

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!