Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

My Bangs Look Good
and other Lies I tell Myself


Confessions of a Tired Supergirl
by Susanna Foth Aughtmon

I laughed and cried my way through this entire book today...and that was while attending my granddaughters' soccer games (in 40 degree weather, I might add), making preparations for Mother's Day at church tomorrow and interview candidates for nursery teacher. I haven't been that engrossed in a book in a long time.

I don't think I can explain the premise except from the back of the book: "Discover the real truth about yourself--and God". It's all about the lies we tell ourselves about God. Things like "God is disappointed in me" (He isn't...or at least not for those reasons), "God can't Change me" (He will; it's me who's resistant to change" or "I need to protect myself from getting hurt" and many more.

This is one of those books that has to soak in. In fact, I'm going back through it and doing the study questions in the back of the book. Since this is the book ladies are receiving for Mother's Day tomorrow, maybe we'll do a group study. We'll see. But I have to get some of this just a little deeper in my heart!

Do rush out and get the book. (I'm not paid to say this!!! I won't even get a free copy of the book -- the church purchased the one I borrowed today -- just 24 hours before it will be given to me!!! (Click here for the website)

God loves you!!! You don't have to be good so that He will love you!!! And You ARE NOT stuck in your present circumstances!!

Believe it!!!







1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'll have to check it out. Haven't been by in awhile. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!