Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Already Stuck and I Haven't Even Started
If you read my last blog, you know I've signed up to write 50,000 words in the Month of Novmber.   50,000 words.   How many is that?  Okay, I just looked it up.  About 250-300 words on a page if it is double-spaced 12 pt. type.  Not as bad as my first count that I was calculating at 150 words per page.  That's only 200 pages!!!   200 pages???   In 30 days.

Right now, I've decided to start by writing a 1-sentence summary of the book.   I can't even do that.   This book is about....uh.....someone trying to write a novel???  I really don't want to do a "seat of the pants" kind of book.  

I intend to set a fiction story in the foothills of the Ozarks -- where I grew up.   I've got a family figured out.   Three kids:  the eleven year old narrator, her older brother and younger sister.   I'm thinking a mystery?    Some kind of crime occurs....those hills are a good place to hide mj fields, lots of guns in use, so a murder over drugs???   Maybe.   But I don't have a one-liner.  I don't have three separate problems; I barely have the glimmer of an idea.

I think I'd better start glimmering quickly.   October is nearly over, and November first I must start writing.   In earnest!!

Hmmmm...  Think!!!  Think!!!

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!