There's Lettuce, lettuce, lettuce in my handbag
(to the tune of "Tomorrow")*
Ten Things to do tonight
10. Place new cords for laptop in laptop case
9. Find transparencies for tomorrow night's class
8. Prepare presentation for tomorrow night's class
7. Answer reflection questions for class tomorrow night
6. Double check calendar for this week so no birthday parties, purse parties, etc. sneak up on me
5. Find driver's license that is in my ticket folder from attending funeral
4. Find passport that has disappeared since that same trip
3. Finish grading papers from today's class
2. Reduce size of cargo in purse
AND THE NUMBER ONE THING TO DO TONIGHT!!
1. Remove lettuce from said purse
(or maybe I could just go to an Art Linkletter program and receive an enormous prize for having the most unusual thing in my purse)
Who? Art Linkletter. "House Party" He was predecessor to Bill Cosby's "Kids Say the Darn'dest things" But on "House Party" he asked for ridiculous things from women's purses and if someone had that item (Oh say, a lb of cooked spaghetti . . . or remnants of a salad), she'd win money!
*We were watching "Annie" when the salad erred and jumped in my purse!