Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Personal Fragments
(I couldn't find the title of this painting by Picasso...so I named it!)

Pastor Eric Wise preached for our last "Tuesdays are Terrific" this summer...a week ago tonight. He used the following story for which I tried to find an author, but could only find it referenced on other blogs with no author credited. One night a father was relaxing with his newspaper after a long day at the office. His son, who wanted to play, kept on pestering him. Finally, fed up, the father ripped out a picture of the globe that was in the paper and tore it into a hundred tiny pieces. ‘Here son, go ahead and try to put this back together.’ he said, hoping that this would keep the little boy busy long enough for him to finish reading the paper. To his amazement, his son returned after only one minute with the globe perfectly back together. When the startled faster asked how he achieved this feat, the son smiled gently and replied ‘Dad on the other side of the globe there was a picture of a person and once I got the person together, the world was okay.’

Isn't it so true, if I'm together the world is okay. When I'm bothered, anxious, fearful, angry, resentful or otherwise encumbered, the world seems askew. I notice all the wrong things in everything and everyone. But if I'm together, the world is okay. Unlike the little boy in the story, I need the father's help even to get the person together. However, I find that concentrating on the person (me) and my relationship with Christ, that togetherness comes straight from His hand. The Maker can take all those little pieces and put them back together again.

"God help me to remember that I don't have to solve the problems of the world. I need only to yield this one little life to your hands and the world is okay."

PJD

www.JCCelgin.org

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!