Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Haiti's Child Slavery Trade!

I just finished reading this article and my heart is breaking. I was last in Haiti in Summer of 2005. After that I was ill and haven't even tried to return. I really want to go back and see what we can do, even if travel there is not recommended by the U.S. Government.

Read this story. Warning: Grab a box of Kleenex first.

The surroundings that he describes are sooo real. It's bringing back memories. I'll look for my CD of Haiti pictures and post some. To remind me and you!!

Go read here!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Lord. That is a heart wretching story. My heart aches for the children in haiti.

PJ said...

When we were there, I wasn't understanding why many of the children in the orphanage were not orphans, but according to our host, the parents sent them to be educated. And he was educating them. BUt he didn't explain the alternative: that parent are so desperate they will send them SOMEWHERE with someone. Really sad! These children went home for the summer months to their parents and were given some rice, beans and other food to take back home. I understand so much better now.

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!