Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thursday, May 14, 2009


LINGERING TWILIGHT

Coming home from class tonight, the air was crisp and cool, just enough warmth to bring out the moms and babies in strollers, the neighborhood children on bikes. It was 8:00 p.m. There was plenty of light for an evening stroll. I love this time of year. When the days are long, the twilight almost as long as daylight itself, I feel better, my soul lighter, my mood brighter, my vision clearer. It's light when I wake up, even if I wake up at 5 AM. I do like that.

Something about the beautiful light tonight lifted my spirits, energized my waning energy. I wanted to go for a long walk. Okay. I wanted to want to. I didn't, of course. But I do feel better, even if I didn't take that walk.

I thought about making parallels between long twilights, short twilights and the twilight of life. But I think I won't. I'm not really in the twilight era yet. Not yet. I still have some daylight left. And energy to get something done during those evening hours before twilight, and then sunset.

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!