Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Warning: Humor May be Dangerous to Your Illness. The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. --Mark Twain

What is there about being ill that brings out the grouch in me? I'm driving home from the doctor yesterday morning grumbling -- yes, out loud -- about something that happened two or three weeks ago.

Coming home from work through the park, a couple of kids were standing in the street with their hands outstretched. I thought they might have a remote control in their hands, or a kite strings. One was standing on the edge of the street, the other blocking the entry to a small parking lot there. They were right at the beginning of a backward Z configuration with the lagoon on my right. I grabbed my cell phone to call the cops for the kids safety, but wanted to get past before I dialed. They didn't appear to be in trouble, had happy expressions like they were playing some role. As I turn down the long trunk of the Z, there's a man in the street. He's actually standing in the lane where oncoming traffic would be. I'm creeping along at about 3 miles an hour trying to figure out what's going on, when a woman starts yelling at me. She's blocking the lane I would have turned into on the final leg of the Z. And still yelling. Suddenly a line of bicycles appear coming from the parking lot that is behind me now. My car is now in the middle of the intersection, the woman is yelling stop, and I'm still confused. I slowly edge left trying to get out of the way of the bikes, which I do. No cyclist is ever in danger from me, but that woman sure was. I called the cops and left some innocent telephone intake person with my opinions about idiot civilians who place young children in the street, stand in the wrong places, don't have any identifiers to let motorists know what's going on, and try to stop traffic. Albeit for a good cause.

The irony? It was the bicycle leg of a triathlon for cancer!!

And now, weeks later I'm sick with influenza and fussing about it!!!

And now that I think about it, that's not such a good effort at humor!

Better luck next time!!

2 comments:

marina said...

PJ, have not read your post yet but thanks for coming by always love hearing form you hope you have a nice weekend hugs, marina

Ballerina Girl said...

certainly sounds confusing! oh well, at least noone was hurt!

BG

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!