Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, February 26, 2007

CHEMOTHERAPY TODAY

My ride will be here in half an hour, so this will be short and sweet...or at least short. This is session three of the third set. Next week will then be a rest week and after that another set of four weeks. The end is in sight. Chemo effects are accumulating. Taste is less, dry mouth requires brushing out all of the dead skin from the roof of my mouth each morning. Yuck! I'm using enough chapstick to raise company stock -- although my favorite brand is L'Occitane. It's much more moist.

The weekend was terrific. My type A personality kicked in though and I really overdid it! I did my usual Sunday routine, which pushes my strength these days...plus the extra work for Tommy Tenney's arrival. In order for Sunday School staff to enjoy the service, I recruited teachers who are not members here to cover for them. And because it was different, I supervised, set up rooms and curriculum and then helped clean up. There was a myriad of other tasks on Saturday as well. So about 7 PM last night, after we took the granddaughters home, I collapsed. I slept nearly 11 hours! I'll probably be energy-less the rest of the week. I hope to gather enough strength to make a in-service day at school on Friday.

But it was all worth it. The service was marvelous. His presentation was low-key. He used a very soft voice the entire time, but was emphasized by a powerful visual. The entire congregation was moved to tears, yet he did not use emotionality, at least not in the normal sense of the word. Just a simple story from the Bible, told quietly I'll explain more when I have time. The central theme is also the theme in his new book: The Ultimate Comeback. I plan to read the book during chemo today. What better place for reading about a comeback!

At least, I'll read it if I can stay awake longer. I'll get more sleep today as well...I always sleep for about an hour after the intravenous Benedryl. Capsules of Benedryl don't have that effect on me, but the intravenous stuff in instant sleepy-bye.

Enough for now. Chemo calls!!


PJ


No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!