Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

CHEMOTHERAPY UPDATE

Sometimes even chemotherapy is funny and yields its share of jokes. Yesterday I was so tired from the over-exertion of the weekend, I knew that when the Benedryl was given, I'd be out like a light. And I was. But apparently I was sleeping more deeply than usual. (Normally I take a 30-min to 1-hour nap) Yesterday, I slept for nearly three hours. I roused just slightly a few times to squint one eye open and see someone standing there. Where we sit in the recliners, the nurses have full view of us at all times. If they are doing records, etc., they are behind the glass windows of the office. And the nurses typically come every hour or so and check the bags, switch from one med to another, etc. But yesterday it wasn't the nurses. The nursing supervisor came at least twice. She only checks patients if the nurses report a problem. And one time, it was the Physician's Assistant whom I have never seen attending patients for routine chemo infusions. But I was too sleepy to do anything but open one eye, kind of nod my head and go back to sleep.

Next week, I'll ask my nurse. (Yesterday even after they disconnected me, I was too sleepy to talk much, and certainly too groggy to think.) I'm sure they thought I had lapsed into coma or was dead and sent the supervisors to check on me!! I was way beyond the snoring phase.
When I sleep, I really sleep!!!

Today, I'm just the normal tired of the day after chemo. I think I caught up on rest from the weekend. I came home on Sunday, laid down and did nothing for the rest of the night. Tomorrow is the day that I feel the worst, when the side effects kick in. But, Thank God, next week is the week of rest. So I should be able to recuperate just a bit. Then the next and final series of 4 weeks!!!

PJ

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!