Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rest from Chemotherapy

I Didn't realize just how tired I was feeling until yesterday, when I felt better!! I had the red blood cell booster on Monday, but did not have the Chemotherapy. Apparently it didn't really take effect until Tuesday morning, but yesterday I had a productive day. I had begun to feel so dragged out, that I decided I must just be getting lazy from all this time off.

Isn't it interesting how one gets used to current conditions...like me feeling so low energy I don't want to do anything at all. It felt like a permanent condition. Kind of like the frog put in cold water and the water warms slowly. (Although some would dispute that as a myth...I won't try it. But it's an old truism) The water feels normal, so the frog stays.

Come to think of it, I haven't really felt at full energy since my liver donation more than a year ago. I had just begun to feel better when I was diagnosed with the breast cancer. And it's been slowly downhill (or the water getting warmer, pick your metaphor) since then.

But thank God for the reprieve. This week at least I believe I can join the human race. :) And since there's only two more months of chemo scheduled, soon I may become a permanent homo sapien again!!

PJ

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!