Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

What do Teachers Make?

As a public school teacher, this resonates with me. If you can't hear his message past the strong language, (and one gesture) my apologies. (Will this balance the more theological nature of the last entry????) I do feel passionate about teaching. Which is what makes me so angry about the current state of schools. Children so need to learn to the ethics of working hard, respecting self and others and getting along and having fun. That can happen while they are readin', writin', and 'rithmeticin'. But most of all, if I haven't taught them to think, I haven't taught a thing. And it is all totally unrelated to the salary scale of teachers versus lawyers or other professions.



2 comments:

His Girl said...

I am choosing to overlook the language and the gesture cause that, my friend...
was an awesome rant!!!!!
thanks for sharing :)

whimsical brainpan said...

Great video!

I'll never understand why the people who do the most important jobs in our society (Cops, Firefighters, Teachers) are so sadly underpaid yet we'll pay a guy millions of dollars to hit a ball with a stick.

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!