Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

OBITUARY
JOHN WAYNE HUERTA
AUGUST 17, 1969 - OCTOBER 27, 2007

It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, son, brother and uncle, JOHN W. HUERTA on Saturday, October 27, 2007. He was born August 17, 1969 in Silver City, New Mexico to Danny and Mary Ellen Huerta. He was a graduate from Mayfield High School, Class of 1987 and attended New Mexico State University thereafter; was a passionate Pittsburg Steeler Fan; a loving and caring dog breeder, an avid reader and enjoyed discussing Philosophy and watching movies. At the time of his death, John was the produce manager at Toucan Markets, and was a member of the Apostolic Tabernacle.

Survivors include his loving wife, Tamie of the family home; one son, Jonathan Huerta and one daughter, Jasmine Donley both of the family home, his parents, Danny and Mary Ellen Huerta of Las Cruces; three brothers, Danny Huerta Jr. of Albuquerque, New Mexico, Michael Huerta of Las Cruces and David Huerta and his wife, Melissa of Denver, Colorado. Other survivors include his nieces Desirae, Davina and Michelle Huerta, his nephews, Michael and Andrew Huerta, and Benjamin Shettsline, as well as his extended family, Emily Coss, Karen Huerta, his mother-in-law, Rhonda Davis, father-in-law Robert Donley; brother and sister in-law Steve and Angela Benson, and Ceniza and David Fletcher.

Visitation for John will begin at 6 PM Thursday, November 1, 2007 in Apostolic Tabernacle, 3001 E. Missouri with the Evening Service scheduled to begin at 7 PM. The Funeral Service will be held at 10 AM, Friday, November 2, 2007 in the same church. Concluding service and interment will follow in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens Cemetery where he will be laid to rest.

Serving as casket bearers will be Danny Jr., Michael, David, Andrew, and Michael Huerta, and Steve Benson.

The Huerta family has entrusted their loved one to the care of Baca’s Funeral Chapels to direct services.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I was Johnny's sweetheart when I was 19 and he was 18...I never saw him since then and always wondered what became of his life, he and his parents were very dear to me. I would really like to know how he died...

PJ said...

Since you left no address, a reply is impossible. It was an accident. There were newspaper articles at the time.

Anonymous said...

My name is Elvia Medina from Las Vegas NV. I lived in CA when I was dating Johnny, hence the reason why I lost contact with him and his family. I googled his name just thinking about him one day and this is what I found, much to my surprise!! I always thought I'd get to see him again. I prayed for him a lot after we broke up and always remembered his parents dearly. His father's church was on of the first that we visited when we recorded our first album "Los Hermanos Medina" back in 1980!! Thank you for the information...I will keep lifting his family in prayer. Elvia Medina-Reyes

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the channel through which I was able to make contact with the Huerta family. It's been wonderful to be able to reconnect with them. I had no idea who you were, but now I know. I had a sister who died of breast cancer that spread due to lack of attention and I have another sister who is a survivor.......I see you are a breast cancer survivor, praise God! I pray God keeps using you to bless the lives of others as you blessed mine through the information you posted and your service to Him...so again, I thank you!!
In His love, Elvia Medina-Reyes

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!