Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

December 22, 2007

I was really out there today!!! I've been asking Bob for gift ideas...Yesterday he remembered he needed a calendar refill for his Franklin Covey planner. I knew he refills it every year, but neither he nor I remembered earlier. So...today, I braved the traffic and headed to Woodfield Mall to get his planner.

History of Woodfield: Opened in 1971, it was the largest in the U.S. at that time and second in the world. It now ranks only 9th in size compared to malls in the U.S. It doesn't even get a mention in largest malls in the world!

Three days before Christmas, I head there. It was worth it. I have the prized Julie Morgenstern refill for his planner.

A day well spent. I wrote our Christmas letter, acquired two new microphone cords for the children's musical tomorrow, found a present for Bob and bought a few groceries. That all took....oh let's see...from 11 AM to 5:30 P.M. I'm tired!!

I will really try not to get near a shop of any kind until after Christmas!!!




1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm a new Over 50 Blogger, so I stopped in to say Merry Christmas! Have a great 2008!

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!