Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Ready for the New Year??

I just cleaned the fridge. I think that makes me ready for the New Year. The granddaughters are coming over later -- we're celebrating the big event together. Probably they'll last until 10 P.M. or so...I may fall asleep before then!!! But I went grocery shopping for kid friendly foods. And...checked all the dates of things in my refrigerator. Amazing!! Salad dressings look perfectly good and may have a date of, oh....say 2006, even if the seal is not broken. (The farm girl in me says oil and vinegar will last until Jesus comes, especially in the refrigerator...but...whatever! Jesus probably doesn't want old oil and vinegar to eat! But I have a twinge of guilt...I could have given it to someone who did need it!!) Duh! Well everything is now fresh and in date. And it makes me feel good in spite of that huge plastic bag that had to be carried out to the dumpster.

One day this week, I'm going through every box and can in the pantry. The bathroom cabinets are next! This place is going to be purged!!

4 comments:

Norma said...

A wonderful way to start a new year!

You've been tagged. http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2007/12/4476-ive-been-tagged-7-weirdrandom.html

Linda said...

I always like to purge before the new year too! It gets harder, the older your kids get, but I still try! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great 2008!

HopScotch said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my New year Blog, alas it was for last year as I haven't felt like adding anything to Wee Cuppa Tea for some time. I will get to it again in a little while. I've been too sad and busy helping my daughter with the grand children. She just lost the baby she was expecting next March, on December 6, a little boy as it happens, he died and my poor girl had to deliver him. It was very sad and hard on us all but we got to hold him and they named him so he will always be with us. My daughter is recovering and we had a pretty nice Christmas for the other two wee ones' sakes. Now, I hope your treatments have been successful and you are looking forward to a healthy and happier 2008.

♥zoe♥ said...

Happy New Year!
Glad to hear from u in my blog perhaps i wish we could keep in touch like how we used to it through our blog here :) i'm glad in 2007 u r always there for me eventhough we r miles away but a simple words deliver could really brighten my days :D

THANKS PJ
wish to give a huge hug and a new year kiss!

XOXO
Zoe

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!