Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Conversation with a 6-year old
6-year old: Are we almost there? (Less than 5 minutes from my house in easily recognized area)
Me: No. Go to sleep. We'll be there tomorrow.
6-year old: I can't do that. I have to go to school tomorrow.
Me: I'll drop you off at school then. Don't worry.
6-year old: You don't know where my school is.
Me: Sure I do.
6-year old: No you don't.
Me: I've dropped you off and picked you up lots of times.
6-year old: You won't be able to find it.
Me: Now I'm disappointed. That wasn't a very good answer. You always think of very clever arguments. That one was not up to par.
6-year old: But, Grandma! You answered too fast. I didn't have time to think up a good one.
Me: Now that was a good one!!!
And we chuckled the rest of the way home.

11 comments:

Jenster said...

It occurs to me it's the most benign-seeming conversations that stick with us the longest. LOL

PJ said...

So true. And what's more interesting is that the kids remember certain stuff too from 30 years ago -- and I have no clue what they're talking about!!!

marine's words said...

Oh, PJ how cute !! he sounds like my son and me,marina

Tracey said...

It is amazing the way the childs brain works. Those conversations are the ones you need to write down! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

His Girl said...

i love very silly conversations... good for you for having them and enjoying them... what great memories she'll have :)

samurai said...

I love those conversations, although they are not with grandchildren (at least not yet).

Kim said...

PJ, thanks for stopping by my blog! We are moving to Argentina! We'll be living in Carlos Paz, which is about 1/2 hour from Cordoba in the center of the country. Pretty excited! :-) Where did you live in S. America?
The 6 year old sounds adorable! My oldest was married last year and they want to wait a couple years before starting a family. But I keep hearing from all my friends how wonderful it is being a grandparent.

Truth said...

Oh my, that was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! And she's only 6! Clever girl :)

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh how funny! What a great conversation!

PJ said...

Kimberly, I can't find you again!! I was out surfing...and neglected to bookmark. Your link isn't active!! We spent 4 years in Ecuador...2 in Quito, 2 in Santo Domingo De Los Colorados. It was a marvelous time. I'm almost envious of you...except for the distance from the granddaughters!!

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!