Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Chemotherapy Update

Today I get only shots for boosting blood counts and no chemo. This is the week of rest. That's exciting. Sometime Tuesday afternoon, the effect of the shots will kick in and I'll have a bit more energy again. Whew! Although...I explained my typical "tired" schedule to a friend yesterday: eat breakfast and read the paper, usually do the crossword and the Sudoku, work on my computer for awhile then rest a bit before lunch. Work a bit more after lunch, then rest again. Bob comes home and we have dinner. Then I rest some more. My friend was laughing saying it sounded like a pretty good schedule to him. He'd probably love it -- for about a week or so. :)

Anyway, I'm excited about the prospect of feeling better and being able to do more...maybe dispense with most of the "rest" times. I guess I'm a bit like a 3 year old who is certain she doesn't need naps anymore. Naps are boring things. (Unless you need them). Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely grateful that I don't have to fight the battle of trying to put in a full day's work while I'm this fatigued. It would probably land me in the hospital. God has been good and I'm thankful.

I'm still looking forward to this week, however!!

Phylis

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!