Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Improvements

I'm really on the last set of chemotherapy treatments. That is very exciting. I commented to Rob the other day that I'm not feeling as bad as the first set in this series when I had expected to feel continuously worse. Rob always has interesting insight. He suggested that since I had felt so much better after the month long hiatus following the allergic reaction, that the first one hit hard. Now, there isn't so much difference each time. So, I guess going from good to fairly bad is more noticeable than from fairly bad to slightly worse!! Whatever!

Yesterday I did manage to ride my bike for four blocks. (That's circling one block!) I was much shakier than I expected when I started, but I got the hang of it. (What is it they say about never forgetting how to ride a bike?) But the four blocks was my limit. I had muscle fatigue by then. But it's been 18 months, 3 surgeries, and 8 months of chemotherapy since I've been on a bicycle, so I suppose that isn't too shabby for a first try!

Happy Spring!
PJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF YOU ON THE BIKE???

PJ said...

I'm not coordinated enough to take a pic of myself on the bike!! Tomorrow Mikaela will be here -- she'll be happy to take my picture....5 year olds are like that!! :)

PJ said...

I'm not coordinated enough to take a pic of myself on the bike!! Tomorrow Mikaela will be here -- she'll be happy to take my picture....5 year olds are like that!! :)

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!