Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No chemotherapy this week!

Such relief today. I do notice the difference already, although I won't get full effect until tonight and tomorrow. The immediate effect is that I didn't sleep so well last night, but still feel better today than last week. Restlessness in sleep is due to the shot for the red blood cells. In addition to the shot of ArenesD, I've been taking a dietary supplement, a juice product called Mangosteen all last week. I could tell some difference Sunday and Monday. Obviously it's a possibility that it's placebo effect, but I'm generally pretty good at knowing what's going on. (Okay, one glaring lapse was not catching the tumor earlier -- but the flat, diffuse shape made it very difficult to detect...and I did know something was wrong.)

Like yesterday, when I went for the blood test and possible shots I told the nurse that I'd need the red blood cell med (ArenesD) and not the white one (Neupogen). I could tell the red was extremely low (it was!) by the degree of fatigue, and I was pretty sure the whites were within range by the condition of my sinuses. (I get REALLY inflamed sinuses whenever my immune system drops below acceptable levels.) She came back with the report and commented that it must be the teacher in me. (I don't think she knows that I'm also a psychologist!)

So... the effect of the Mangosteen is slowly building, by my reckoning. (Later I'll add the website where you can check out the Managosteen that I'm taking...just in case anyone is interested.) Here it is:
www.myvemma.com\rdutro

Praying for a productive week!

Blessings

PJ


No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!