Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Friday, April 06, 2007


Health Update

Here I am with some hair growth...chemo eyes and all. It's taken into a mirror, hence, the flash from the camera. I just couldn't mess with the timer -- no patience!

I've had the second iron infusion and, honestly, I don't notice much difference. On Monday, my blood count was up slightly, which is good. There should be more gains this week. Bob tells me I have to be patient. I am sick of being tired, so I want more dramatic gains.

Yesterday, I ran a few errands (bank deposit, dry cleaners, pharmacy, fruit market) and picked up Mikaela at 11 a.m. She ran errands with me and was no trouble at all. I took her to her favorite restaurant (Baker Hill Pancake House) and we had lunch. When we got home, I played checkers with her (an experience, playing checkers with a 5 year old) and then we watched a video until her mom came about 2:40. So I was active from 10:30 until 2:00.

After Mikaela left, I was absolutely too tired to do anything else for the rest of the day -- including evening. Didn't get up from my couch at all...well, almost not at all!! :) So I guess 3 1/2 hours of activity is my limit.

I suppose in the scheme of things, I'm grateful I could function fairly normally for the three hours. But I keep wondering when full strength will return!

Patience,
PJ

No comments:

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!