Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fashion or Comfort?

LOVE THESE!!

THESE MATCH MY SUEDE JACKET PERFECTLY
(Color...not the fringe. I'll leave the jacket fringe to Billy Ray Cyrus!)

BLAH

BLAH-ER! DOUBLE BLAH?

Lament to passing Youth...
(Skip this if you're under 50 and in good health!)
(You really don't want to know)


You might need "sensible" foot wear if...

...your arch begins cramping severely just trying to get your foot into the right angle for insertion into those stilettos

...you can't twist and bend your body enough to get those beautiful buckles fastened

...the last time you had on stilettos, you walked club-footed for a week afterward

...the memory of the backache gives you an instant headache

...your calf knots up at the sight of those beautiful shoes

...your stomach turns a somersault every time you see a 4-inch spike (That's what WE called them in the old days!! Spikes!)

...tears roll down your cheeks when you realize that those wonderful shoes are a thing of the past!!!

...you have a clue of what I'm talking about.

...sigh


So... I didn't buy a single shoe!!

1 comment:

Truth said...

Oh my, what fun shoes! I guess I was too poor in my younger years to get into shoes. But now that I'm uh, getting up in years, I am loving them.

I spent a long time trying to find shoes for the wedding that didn't look frumpy, old ladyish, but that I could walk and maybe even dance while wearing them.

Oh, and they had to match the dress that I didn't decide on until a week before the wedding. Sheesh! That was a tall order.

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!