Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Friday, October 03, 2008




WNTW

It's genetic! Proof positive! Monday I went to pick up my 6-year old granddaughter to go to dinner with Bob and I. Our friends have a 4-year old and she and little m play nicely together. When I go to pick her up, Brad is waiting in the car for the 8-year old to go to gymnastics class (which she loves).

He says, "M we're going to be late!"

So I stuck my head back in and yelled, "M, Daddy's waiting."

She appears in the door with a sheepish look on her face.

Daddy says to the little princess, "Were you watching 'What Not To Wear?"

She nodds, guilt all over her face.

I burst into hysterics. "What not to wear? You watch it."

She nods.

"Get in with Daddy, quick. We'll talk about Clinton and Stacy later."

She turns to me with this excited look, "Oh, Grandma, do you like them too?"

Yep!!! It's in the genes. We love Clinton Kelly and Stacy London!!!





6 comments:

Donna Gotlib said...

She reminds me of one of my favorite quotes "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize" - Robert Harling, Herbert Ross

Clairee Belcher (Olympia Dukakis), in Steel Magnolias (film)(1989)

Your granddaughter is adorable.

Truth said...

Oh boy, I like it too! I wish I had a granddaughter to watch it with. My girls are getting a little tired of it and I've been watching it by my lonesome.

PJ said...

"The ability to accessorize" -- Funny!! Someone once sent me a card with that quote!!!

Ballerina Girl said...

too sweet! thank heaven for little girls!
BG

Oldqueen44 said...

What fun when we get to bond with our grand daughters.

Anonymous said...

Nice bonding pix... Wish I have daughters like them... pretty and smart! :)

Nice blog! Keep it up!

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!