Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass- it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Saturday, August 30, 2008


Interesting Shopping

I found the window frames (Complete with antique glass!!) to hang on my wall. I now have to find the outdoor scene to put behind them. Then my little office will have windows and a view!! It will be funny to see students' reactions. I'm sure they will not appreciate that I WANT them somewhat chipped, etc. As a matter of fact my husband even offered to have someone sand them down for me. As if!! Shabby chic he does not get. Antique he's okay with as long as I refinish or have someone to refinish. Deliberately chipped paint bothers the "fixer" in him! Fortunately, he will not have to see these daily!!



P.S.This is blog #494. Go here to register for the drawing to be held at post #500!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those window frames! When I first saw them I thought, "I hope she isn't going to paint those." They will look really really good. I love the idea of having a window with a view, clever and cute!

Truth said...

That is so cool! Can't wait to see a picture. It will be so great.

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

His Girl said...

great idea! can't wait to see how it goes!

Ballerina Girl said...

I think it is a great idea PJ!
I am not a fan of chipped paint look either, but I am sure that you will make it beautiful!
You should go to Cielo's blog (look on my site for her address), because she is have a window party this Friday. You send her a picture of your favorite window...and even though that may not be your favorite, it would be a great story...
your window to the world (albeit a homemade view:)
BG

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Now we're all waiting to see the final results of the project!

Lesh Photography said...

I love them too!! If you weren't doing it to have windows with a view in your classroom..I would just use them as decorative features..they look awesome up against that brick..funny about Uncle Bob too. I know some other men like that too.

Bloggers Over 50

Personal DNA

Personality Profile

My Bloginality is ENTP!!!